Thursday, May 19, 2011

Hate/Love

I’d fallen a little behind on reading Kurt Sutter’s blog (creator of the excellent and addictive Sons of Anarchy), so I only came across his “Hate/Love: Why I Am On Medication” post today. It’s awesome, and it made me start thinking about my own Hate/Love list, so…I stole the idea (although I am giving credit – I may be lazy, but at least I'm honest).

I hate stupid people.
I hate my job.
I hate looking for a new job.
I hate being the smartest person in the room.
I hate it when I don’t feel challenged.
I hate pity.
I hate rent.
I hate people who don’t keep promises.
I hate talking on the phone.
I hate almost everyone on the subway.
I hate snakes.
I hate dates (the fruit, not the activity).
I hate when I think of the perfect retort after a conversation is over.
I hate anyone or anything that fucks with my family.
I hate that I haven’t done anything significant with my life yet.


I love loyalty.
I love reading.
I love animals.
I love music.
I love scotch.
I love vodka.
I love cigarettes.
I love coffee.
I love vices.
I love people who take chances.
I love people who are smarter than I am.
I love winning an argument.
I love high heels.
I love my family.
I love writing.

No comments: