Hmmm, how has my week been so far – let me count the ways:
1) Realized I’d been dumped, only not really since I just sort of stopped hearing from him and didn’t notice until the beginning of this week. Still, I kind of liked this guy, and I wasn’t the one who chose to end the relationship (or whatever it was, I mean we’d only been seeing each other for about a month…and I was gone for over a week of that, but…details), so that was kind of a first for me. Yes friends, this was the first time I’ve ever been “dumped.” Sure I’ve gone on first dates that never went anywhere, and I’ve liked guys who never liked me back, but normally once I snare a guy I have him until I…well, don’t want him anymore. This isn’t nearly as interesting as I thought it would be. Moving on…
2) The hard drive on my work computer crashed and I lost everything that wasn’t backed up to one of our servers. Basically that means I lost a shitload of contracts I had been working on, and I was without a computer at work for 2 days. Have you ever tried to work without a computer? Yeah, the easy way of describing it is this: You don’t.
3) One of the things I had backed up to a shared company server was some meeting notes I’d been working on for a few weeks now. Mysteriously those just disappeared too. Who the fuck did I piss off, and can I buy them a drink to make amends? Please?
4) Christine and I are going out drinking tomorrow night (Halloween) in an effort to drown my sorrow and celebrate the holiday. I plan on getting into A LOT of trouble – stay tuned for stories…assuming I don’t get myself arrested/pregnant/completely black out on the entire night.
5) Germany was great, although I mainly just spent the entire time I was there working. I will say this – the huge mugs of beer that cost less than a bottle of water are AWESOME, the fact that you can drink that beer while walking down the street in broad daylight is also AWESOME, the convention center in Frankfurt is mind bogglingly huge, and I impressed the shit out of my boss’ boss (and her boss as well). So at least that’s something positive.
Maybe I’ll have more stories tomorrow for you guys, maybe not. Anything happen with you all while I was gone? Any painful stories from your personal lives you want to commiserate on?