Monday, October 15, 2007

Time to Celebrate

Let’s pop the champagne boys and girls, Redhead is employed again! Yes, I got the call on Friday – the job I was waiting to hear back from, the one I really wanted, the one which guarantees international travel for a company I’ve heard nothing but good things about – called me on Friday to make an offer. The money is great (significantly higher than my last job), the office is in a beautiful area of the city, and I am THRILLED! So…yeah. I’m giving them a call back in a little bit to finalize the details, but I thought I’d share.

Some other good news – Christine found an apartment. Well, she found a room. In Harlem. I may never go visit her in her new digs, but it’s still exceptional news, so yay. (I haven’t told her about my job yet – I figured I’d make the weekend her celebration and break my news this week. Good plan?)

Anyway, I thought I’d come back later with a story or two, but for now I wanted to share. Yes, I’m like a hyper child right now; feel free to mock and torture me today, I won’t care! Hope everyone else’s weekend was awesome! Have any good stories?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Red,

Congratulations! I hope my current search is as successful.

It just goes to show that one needs to stay optimistic when we hit a few bumps along the way. You just never know that a better opportunity might present itself.

Dave

Shaun said...

I'd wait for Christine to move into her new apartment before breaking the news to her....she may be wanting to stay and mooch off your for even longer if you tell her.

TK said...

Damn, seems like it's feast or famine with you these days. Congrats on both the job and the impending departure of your impromptu roommate. And yes, holding off a bit to tell Christine about the job = good plan.

Does this mean we can talk about the Yankees yet? No? Didn't think so.

Anyway, congrats.

Redhead said...

Dave: You're absolutely right - this job is MUCH better than my last one. I couldn't be happier with how things have turned out. So good luck with your job search (I found mine to be exceptionally easy - Christine drama aside).

jack: Christine is NOT a mooch!

tk: It is NEVER going to be time for us to talk about the Yankees, understand? Good - oh, and thanks for the congrats (I'm really quite pleased with myself right now).

onthevirg said...

Hey congrats on the new job you shiftless bum! That's great. So now you're going to be the international lady of mystery?

Shaun said...

she sounds like she is with the way she's been having you do everything for her while living at your place

Rahul said...

Congrats on the job..I hope you go to some exotic places..by exotic, I mean places that give you free alcohol..