Wednesday, October 31, 2007

This Licks

Are you kidding me? So there I was, working on a post where I told all of you the story of how I lost my virginity, and then I got tagged!

What?

Yeah, that’s what I wondered too, UNTIL I wandered over to Bella’s blog (she’s the tagger – I’m the taggee) and read the rules. So here we go (for those uncool cats who aren’t in the know – much like I wasn’t – here’s the premise):

The rules of the game:

A) Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog. (Redhead note: Done and done.)

B) Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself. (Redhead note: Isn’t that what I do every day around here?)

C) Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs. (Redhead note: Ah shit – everyone I know that reads and comments on this blog is already getting tagged. What is this, a race?)

D) Let each person know that they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. (Redhead note: MORE work for me to do – this bites the big one.)

So here goes, 7 things…

1) I have written a romance novel in my lifetime. Yes, you read that correctly – I wrote one.

2) I have had a one-night stand before. In other words, I slept with a guy whose very existence I had been unaware of just 24 hours before bedding him. And after the night was over I never saw him again (although weirdly – doesn’t he know the rules? – he did call me). No, I’m not proud of any of this, it was clearly not my finest moment, BUT I don’t regret it. (Still, I would like to point out that this was a one-time thing – I’m not normally that easy.)

3) Ever since my nephews were born my biological clock has been ticking. SHUT UP – I don’t want to talk about it.

4) Discounting family, I’ve never been in love.

5) Dates (the fruit not the kind that show up on a calendar) make me sick. Literally.

6) I was so shy while growing up that I couldn’t even call and order a pizza until I was a senior in high school – something about not wanting to talk to someone I didn’t know on the phone. Yes, I realize how fucked up that is. And yes, it is amazing how much I’ve changed since then.

7) I hate thong underwear. I know pantylines are passé, I know thongs are sexy, and I know everyone else wears them, but I HATE them. They’re uncomfortable and the idea of them creeps me out. So there. (Um…having said that – I do own a few pairs and have been known to wear them when necessary. The lesson here: My righteous indignation only goes so far.)

And now for my tagging – sorry guys: mcbias (that hiatus is going to have to wait buddy), jack, danny, dotm, rs27, harry, and kat.

16 comments:

ThirtySomething Kat said...

CRAP....I tagged you in MY post only to find out you were ALREADY tagged!!! Does this mean I have to tag someone else?? Or...does it mean you're just that popular???

Shaun said...

Just out of curiosity...if I don't continue this virtual game of tag on my site, what happens?

Redhead said...

kat: Nah, I'm not that popular; I see us as an incestuous little group where overlap in a game like this is inevitable. Hell, I tagged you second - go ahead and tag me again, I won't mind.

jack: Hmmm, good question. Anyone? Anyone? Ah just do it - I want to know 7 more things about jack cobra by the end of the day. Unless of course you're not man enough to go through with it.

Shaun said...

How about this?? MCBias* and I will both fill out this questionnaire thing if you promise not to do anymore Book Club entries....deal?

*I have not talked to him about this but I feel confident he will follow through with it.

ThirtySomething Kat said...

LOL...AFTER I tagged you, I see you tagged me as I was typing my post. Hehe...

I'm with you on the thongs. I tried so hard to like them so I could be sexy...but goddammit I hate them. I own a few pairs that only get worn when I have NO choice. I'd rather go commando, as sick as that is.

Rahul said...

I am terrible at tag. Usually I run around and give up.

But I like virtual tags.

I like virtual anything really.

Well not EVERYTHING.

Head meet gutter.

Redhead said...

jack: Hey, if you can get mcbias to agree, I'm game.

kat: I'm STILL sad about your Rhodesian Ridgeback story. Speaking of which - how much cooler than people are dogs?

rs27: Cool - go forth and share 7 things about yourself.

MCBias said...

Sigh, ok, I surrender. If it means no book club, even though I wouldn't be around to read it anyway, I'm in. I know the list isn't the best; I just wasn't very creative today. http://mcbias.blogspot.com/2007/10/7-randomweird-facts-about-mcbias.html

MCBias said...

Ugh, I am a downer today. I should say, I wouldn't have done it for most people :-) but hey, if it's for you and it saves the world from book club, no problem.

Bella said...

Aawww...you're such a good sport! Can I just tell you how stressful that 'tagging' stuff was for me?

I think it's cool that you wrote a romance novel. Even if it was just one. Was there lots of sex in it???

:) Bella

Shaun said...

I'm done...no more Book Club posts:

http://www.cobrabrigade.com/2007/10/ive_been_tagged.php

Redhead said...

mcb: Seriously dude, you can't take a month off from visiting me here and bashing me - I'm NOT cool with that. (Oh, and thanks for playing the stupid game; I realize that you and jack think it's for a good cause...pussies.)

bella: I found it stressful too! What's up with that?

Trust me when I tell you that while there was sex in my romance novel (it's a romance novel after all), it was NOTHING compared to what I shared with everyone in my *One and Only* book club entry. Hell, I let my mother read my novel - 'nuff said.

jack: It was for the greater good jack. You and mcb kept your word, so I'll keep mine...pussies.

Anonymous said...

This game involves entirely too much work. Good times though. Can I get that photo posted of you so I can add you to my list of fetish redheads? Thanks.

Rahul said...

I have played your little game and I have won.

Redhead said...

harry: Not a chance in hell you're getting a photo of me, but nice try.

rs27: Well played, but no one beats me - let's say we tied.

Shaun said...

I believe I won...no more Redhead's Book Club. Actually, we all won. The parade is this afternoon