Monday, December 10, 2007

Super Quick Recap

OK, I don’t have the time to give you the long version of my singles party experience, so instead you’re going to get the super short, not even remotely grammatically correct version. Andddd…go:

Went to the party with Christine (who was in a surprisingly good mood – it may have been because both of us were fairly drunk before we got there), and we were pleasantly surprised to find that it was being held in a pretty nice bar actually. As for the men though, they were…eh.

However we persevered, chatting up some boys when the occasion called for it – still, I’ll admit we mostly chilled with each other (what can I say – I wasn’t looking for a boyfriend anyway!). Still, I got my act together fast when I spotted the HOTTIE. (Seriously, this guy was/is so good looking that he deserves all caps.)

Anyway, Christine gave me a shove, I kind of fell into him (great opening, huh?), and we started talking. And it went well – he was charming, and GORGEOUS, and funny, and BEAUTIFUL (I’m sorry, I know I’m practically drooling on you guys as I tell this story, but he really was so impressive it was shocking), and everything was going great. In other words, something really bad was going to have to happen for this guy not to end up getting my number.

Enter: Something bad.

So about 45 minutes into our conversation, one of Stud Guy’s (very drunk) friends comes up to us…and drops a bombshell. It went a little something like this – ‘Hey, why are you talking to him? He shouldn’t even technically be here since he has a girlfriend…oh wait, she’s out of town this weekend. Carry on!’ And with that Drunk Friend walked away.

Christine, who had been chatting with a guy nearby, almost collapsed she was laughing so hard (good friend), Stud Guy, well, he just looked embarrassed, and I…hmmm, I’m pretty sure I didn’t look happy (but I did finish the drink he’d bought me – waste not, want not).

Pretty soon thereafter Christine and I left – in hindsight, I should have spent more time chatting up the cutie at the bar from the beginning of the party. But…I’m a moron.

So that’s my story – boring, disappointing, annoying, blah, blah, blah. Still, let’s have a quick recap of my thoughts: Congratulations Stud Guy! Rarely can men still surprise me, but every once in a while it does happen; your coming to a singles party while your girlfriend was out of town (and trying to pick me up) – that took even me by surprise. Not only did I not see that coming, but I’m willing to bet that your girlfriend didn’t see that coming either. Just…the height of sleaze. Good looking sleaze, but still…sleaze.

How was everyone else’s weekend?

7 comments:

Rahul said...

Drunk Friend always runis everything. Although he did have good use of the phrase, "Carry on." Touché.

45 minutes of conversation? That seems a lot. Were you guys trading Princess Bride lines?

Redhead said...

Hey, my personality is that good - what can I say? Don't hate.

Yeah, in retrospect I didn't give the 'Carry on' line the respect it deserved. Ah well.

onthevirg said...

I guarantee that guy furiously beat his friend later on. What's the opposite of "wingman?" Kamikaze? Bus driver? I don't know, but that's what his friend turned out to be.

That said, what a douchebag.

Shaun said...

cock-blocker, that's what the friend was/is. His friend surely was the recipient of a deadly beat down later...Not that the guy should have been doing that if he had a girlfriend, but still.

Bella said...

Figures...

Redhead said...

virg: Yup. Just...yup.

jack: Way to look at both sides of the situation there. But yeah, I would call what happened the ultimate cock-block.

bella: Exactly.

Diarrhea of the Mouth said...

i'm sure it's all for the better anyhow. anyone that good looking has major issues that would ahve come up later (like a small dick, bisexual or lives with his parents). so buck up, there are more single hot fish in the sea that can be your non-boyfriend.