Friday, March 9, 2007

My Wish List

Today is the day when I’m going to break down my wish list. More specifically, my wish list of men.

Guys do this all the time on their blogs (generally featuring women), and I’ve always appreciated the idea behind it – if not the actual photos (what can I say, I don’t swing that way). So I decided to give it a shot. I certainly have opinions on the subject, and searching for the photos to attach has proven to be well worth the time I’ve committed.

Let me warn everyone (who’s reading and just not commenting, right?), that they shouldn’t expect to see Orlando Bloom here – or anyone like him. He’s not my type. I like my men masculine, not pretty. The ability to grow a beard if he so chooses is a prerequisite. So if your taste goes that way, you may want to skip this post.

Oh, and one more thing. There are more than a few athletes that made the list. There are probably a lot of reasons for that, but mainly it’s because I like sports and I like men – you do the math. However, that does not mean it’s made up entirely of athletes (I’ll leave that job to the Ladies… site). I like to find my men everywhere, and I don’t follow rules very well.

Russell Crowe

Got to start off with the grand poobah for me. Russell Crowe can gain weight, lose weight, grow his hair, cut it off – I don’t care. He does it for me. His voice, his talent, those eyes. He can behave as badly as he wants, and I won’t mind. I have wanted him for about 10 years now – ever since I saw LA Confidential – and I wouldn’t be surprised if I still want him 10 years from now.

Colin Farrell

Continuing in the bad boy vein, I do like Colin Farrell. The accent is delicious, and I just know he would be a fun, fun time. He is the kind of guy you can go drinking with (well, before he went to rehab at least), go home with, and never see again with zero regrets. And those dark eyes give me the chills.

Clive Owen

He just works. Tall, dark, handsome. He sounds smart with the British accent, and he gives me the impression he would take care of me. Yum.

Eric Bana

Eric Bana and Brad Pitt’s ass were the only reasons to watch the movie Troy. But those two things were enough for me. Plus, there’s just something about Bana. He has a quality – a sort of cool guy confidence with just a touch of little boy vulnerability. He (almost) makes me want to cuddle.

Julian McMahon

Normally a little too polished for my taste, but I don’t care. I knew who McMahon was before he was starring on the show Nip/Tuck, but the more publicity he gets the better as far as I’m concerned. When I look at him, I just want to suck on his lower lip. That probably sounds weird, but it’s the truth.

Dominic Purcell

I’m mainly including him because I love the show Prison Break, but the other brother (the prettier one) doesn’t do it for me. Purcell is much sexier, and he never seems to get his due. So I’m giving it to him here.


OK, that makes 4 Australians on the list and 0 Americans so far. What gives? Well, nothing actually. I sincerely don’t have anything against American men (although I’m starting to think I should take a trip to Australia). Anyway, onto the athletes (the best part).

Mike Mussina

I’m a Yankees fan, so of course there’s at least one Yankee that I think of in a not-entirely-sports-related way. But surprise, it’s not Derek Jeter. For the past 6 years, I have really appreciated having Moose around. He’s hard working and talented (and not as whiny as my father insists he is), smart as hell (went to Stanford), sarcastic in a funny way (usually), and really, really, really nice to look at. I’ll keep him.

Mark Mulder

My other baseball crush isn’t a Yankee, but I overlook that fact for him. Mark Mulder has been a favorite of mine since he came up in Oakland, and every inch of his 6’6 body more than makes up for his inability to play for the right team. God I wish he was still in the AL.

Fredrik Ljungberg

Yeah, so I’ll admit this picture is cheesy, but look at him! Yes, I’ve always had a thing for soccer players, but he is my favorite (to look at). I could say it’s all about his face and body (and they are very, very nice), but in all honesty it’s the tattoo – it does bad things to my imagination.

John Lynch

Now I’m not a Broncos fan, but I’ve been a John Lynch fan for years. Outstanding safety? Yup. But I don’t really care about that. It’s his looks. And while I’ve heard he’s a nice guy (and seems like one in interviews), I don’t really care about that.

Alexander Popov

This one is an old school crush – I’ve liked Popov since high school; he had to make the list (even though I haven’t seen him competing in the last few years). And don’t even both asking why, just look at the picture. Got to love those swimmers.

Marat Safin

Tennis is one of those sports that I never seek out but always enjoy watching. And nothing makes me happier than to see Safin play; he just looks good out there. But enough of my amateur stylings, let’s let Wikipedia take it from here, “He is known for his large physical size, athleticism, controversial antics, and aggressive “power” style of play.” Perfect.


Alright, that’s it for now. As always, I need to get back to work.

No comments: