OK, it’s the end of the week, and I don’t have a lot left in the tank right now. Not only have I been tired for 6 straight days, but my job has been driving me nuts lately. However, since no one likes to listen to another person bitch about work, I’m going to just leave it at that.
Anyway, I thought I’d throw out a few suggestions/recommendations for everyone out there reading – there are people out there, right? Fuck it, even if there aren’t, I’m narcissistic enough to keep going:
• I’ve been loving the songs Tones of Home and Paper Scratcher by Blind Melon this week. I mean I’ve always liked them, but they’ve just been working for me more than usual recently. I also can’t seem to get enough of Caress Me Down by Sublime (Sublime again? Yup, they fucking rock and they made a lot of music – so leave me alone). They’ve all been on my iPod for a while, but they’re in heavy rotation now and keep getting better. Check them out.
• If you like scotch, I strongly recommend Lagavulin – it’s smoky and smooth, and I always feel significantly cooler after having some. Nothing is quite as relaxing as a good scotch.
• Watch the movie Crank, with Jason Statham – it’s On Demand right now (if you don’t belong to Netflix). Anyway, last week someone suggested that I watch it, I did, and it was FUCKING AWESOME! I mean, it was completely overdone, totally implausible, and just plain bad in a lot of ways, but I still loved it. Amy Smart’s career has imploded, Dwight Yoakam is a freaking genius, Statham is hot, and the action is awesome. I haven’t laughed that hard in a while, and while the sex scene is horrifying, I dare you to look away. Highly recommended.
• Try the new Sugar Free Peeps. Sure the concept behind them sounds strange – making a treat that traditionally celebrates sugar in all its forms into a sugar free snack – but they’re actually not that bad. And if you’re a fan of the sugar coated marshmallows like I am (and I really am weirdly addicted to them), then anything that makes them even a little healthier is a good thing. (I’ve been known to eat a whole sleeve – or two – of them for breakfast on a Saturday, and that’s just wrong on so many levels.)
• Never, ever, ever date someone who doesn’t like dogs. This is a great rule of thumb. Why? Because anyone who can’t appreciate a creature that is capable of unconditional love is not to be trusted. Plus, dogs are cuter than people (well, not some of those yippy dogs – but you can’t really blame them for how they were born). At the end of the day, I don’t care how much you like the person – just cut your losses and leave.
• Read The Road to Gandolfo by Robert Ludlum. Pretty much all of Ludlum’s books are great – yes, he’s written more than just the Bourne books – but this one is different. It’s as fast-paced as his others, but it also happens to be funny as hell. (And if you knew the book, you’d realize that that last sentence is ten times wittier than anything I normally come up with.) Just awesome.
• Get your ass out on Saturday, drink some green beer, make some new friends, and enjoy yourself. What’s better than a holiday that’s all about drinking (essentially)? I wholeheartedly approve.